Fistula / Transplant Wristbands
These wristbands hopefully will help to alert medical staff in the event of an emergency that a patient has a fistula and / or has had a kidney transplant.
We hope that this may prevent fistuala arms being used to measure blood pressure, take blood etc., and prevent inappropriate medication to be used.
The fistula wristbands are red and measure 20cm, 22cm or 24cm, with white debossed text which reads:
*FISTULA LEFT ARM* NO BP TESTING / NEEDLES
*FISTULA RIGHT ARM* NO BP TESTING / NEEDLES
We also have larger wristbands that measure 22 cm
The transplant wristbands are green and measure 20cm or 22cm, with white debossed text that reads:
*KIDNEY TRANSPLANT PATIENT*
The wristbands are free to DaBKA members and patients in the Doncaster & Bassetlaw Area.
If you wish to purchase a wristband:
- The wristbands cost £1.50 each (including postage & packaging)
- You can click on the paypal button at the bottom of this page to order on line (If you require more than one band, please email us for further information)
- You can order via post, on your letter, please clearly state the number of bands you require and the arm (left or right) and size (20cm or 22 cm) of the band(s) that you require
- Please send a cheque payable to 'Doncaster & Bassetlaw Kidney Association' to:
6 Medley View
* Please allow 28 days for delivery when paying by cheque *
Blood Pressure Monitors
Keeping a check on blood pressure is essential for kidney patients. Hypertension (high blood pressure) can cause renal problems and renal problems can raise blood pressure.
DaBKA offers upon request to renal patients within the Doncaster and Bassetlaw Area, a free blood pressure monitor so that patients can monitor their own blood pressure regularly.
If you are a renal patient in our area and would like a blood pressure monitor, please contact us.