Welcome to Doncaster & Bassetlaw Kidney Association
Registered Charity Number 1123780
Set up in 2007, Doncaster & Bassetlaw Kidney Association (DaBKA) helps kidney patients, their families and carers live with renal disease, from pre-dialysis through to transplant.
The patients we help are mainly treated at Doncaster Royal Infirmary, Dearne Valley and Bassetlaw Dialysis Units and Sheffield Northern General Hospital.
DaBKA is run entirely on a voluntary basis for the benefit of local renal patients. Every penny raised / donated goes directly to local patients.
- Emotional and practical support
- Signpost patients to appropraite agencies
- Medical equipment above what the NHS can afford
- Small finacial grants for patients in urgent need (Patients are referred to us by their renal team)
- Free fistual and transpant wristbands to local patients
- Blood Pressure monitors to local patients
- Squeezy balls to local patients to help fistulas mature
- We aim to raise public awareness of the importance of organ donation
DaBKA have funded many projects including
- TV in renal outpatients
- urinalysis monitors
- doppler scanners
- vascular scanners
- information leaflets and DVD's for new patient
- day trips
- social events and Christmas parties to name but a few.
If you'd like to become a member, need any information or would like to get involved in any way, please contact us.